The Entry Level Developer works to implement new features and complete any programming requirements for existing projects. You are also responsible for troubleshooting any code or database related issues that arise on assigned projects. Communication with fellow developers is essential. The right individual for this position will be a motivated developer who enjoys finding solutions to a number of different challenges, is detail oriented and understands the basic software design principles.
IMPORTANT: A portfolio of web and layout design work is required for consideration. Any applications that do not include this will automatically be discarded.
- Be creative, conceptual, and imaginative in nature.
- Be an effective communicator. Listen, learn, and engage with customers and co-workers.
- Research and design concepts for our website, products, and retail stores that are usable, beautiful, and marketable.
- Design page layouts and interactions for e-commerce and blog websites.
- Work closely with developers throughout the implementation process.
- Know your audience. Apply an in-depth understanding of different personas to your design process and ensure the Amerisleep brand shines in all your work.
- Work collaboratively with our entire staff to create beautiful visual content that complements our brand and marketing strategies.
- Analyze usability, conversion rate, and SEO reports to identify new opportunities that improve each visitor’s website experience.
- Maintain professional and friendly communications. Whether over the phone, over email, or in-person, we want to ensure our customers and collaborators receive the best, courteous, service possible.
- Conduct research and analyze the competition. When it comes to sleep, there are many options out there. We need you to study what’s good and what’s bad about our competitors’ designs to help us better showcase our unique offerings.
- Be a team player. We’re a small but powerful team. Team support and engagement is expected from all of our employees.
- Be an Starved Rock Programmer ambassador at all times. We are looking for an ambitious and intelligent professional who wants to be part of building a great company and culture.
- Demonstrate a love and passion for everything design and web related.
- Have an understanding of web design tools, concepts, and technologies.
- Ability to identify overarching web design issues and opportunities and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and come up with ideas that are relevant and enticing.
- General knowledge and experience across the entire marketing spectrum.
- Have a highly creative mind with impeccable taste.
- Have thick skin. Know how to accept advice or critiques, of your work, and how to implement improvements.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Punctual work ethic with a “can-do” mentality.
- Skilled with cloud applications, office technology, and design applications.
- An active learner who loves finding ways to improve your skills.
- Able to demonstrate English language proficiency (written and spoken).
- Flexible and adaptable in order to anticipate changing needs and interests.
- Proficient in multitasking, so you can successfully engage multiple tasks at a time.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Hours & Pay
- This position is part-time from 9am – 2 pm Monday through Friday. Additional hours may be available.
- Starting hourly rate is $9/hour
- Remote may be available but office time will be needed for meetings and as needed.