Starved Rock Country Software Solutions was born on the idea that we can bring high tech, high paying jobs back to the Starved Rock Country area. Part of this process is the new programming class at LaSalle-Peru Area Career Center. Though only one class has been completed (it started in the spring of 2018) it has already created some very skilled programming students. The hope is to bring them aboard our team.
NewsTribune Link: Nothing but .NET
Below is an article from the Mendota Reporter talking about how LP Area Career Center students are preparing for high tech jobs with help from local professionals.
Mendota Reporter Link – Planning for the future
Starved Rock Country Software Solutions is looking for a student interested in technology to assist our Web Development clients. The Web Developer Intern is responsible for analyzing and auditing our web-based tools and for helping our team upgrade our existing codebase. This position does not require any coding experience, and is ideal for a high school or college student who is looking for exposure to development and technology.
This internship spans October- December 2018, with the potential to continue on in 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze existing PHP files to identify code that needs upgrading
- Analyze and audit web-based tools for usability and functionality
- Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues
- Potential to write PHP and MySQL code
- Create WordPress sites, themes & plugins
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent organizational abilities
- PHP/MySQL experience a plus, but not required
- Good academic standing
- High School Senior or College Student
- 10-20 hours/week
- Work in a casual environment
- Experience in a growing company with impactful and meaningful work
- Hourly wage with the opportunity for profit sharing
Applicants can send their resume and examples of any work to email@example.com